- Cleveland Museum of Natural History, 1 Wade Oval Drive, Cleveland, OH 44106 (216-231-4600). The museum's Science Resource Center provides loans of kits related to geological, biological, and environmental topics for teachers. The Cleveland Geological Society, a venerable geological group, is affiliated with the museum.
- Glacial Geology of Northeastern Ohio by George W. White, Ohio Division of Geological Survey Bulletin 68, 1982.
- Guide to the Geology of Northeast Ohio edited by P.O. Banks and R.M. Feldmann, Northern Ohio Geological Society, 1970 (out-of-print, but available in good libraries).
- Living with the Lake Erie Shore by C.H. Carter, et al., Duke University Press, 1987.
- A Natural History of Lake County edited by R. Szubski, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, 1993.
- Ohio Division of Geological Survey, 4383 Fountain Square Dr., Columbus, OH 43224 (614-265-6576). Publishes a variety of maps, bulletins, guidebooks and other works on all aspects of Ohio's geology.
- Soil surveys of local counties, available through Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
Back to top
3500 Lorain Avenue, Suite 301, Cleveland OH 44113
Back to main Bioregional Plan
What's a bioregion?
Our bioregional names
Bedrock and glaciers
Map of landforms
Maps of natural features