A goal for the region
Change development patterns in Northeast Ohio to revitalize existing urban areas and preserve the countryside, thus creating a region which is more environmentally sustainable, economically healthier and less stratified by race and class.
Five steps for our regional future
- Develop regional consciousness. Foster greater identification with the region, a willingness to act for the long-term future of the entire region.
- Understand the costs of urban sprawl. Promote understanding of the impacts of current development patterns. Who wins? Who loses?
- Keep score. Develop the capacity to track in an organized way all the decisions which now promote sprawling development patterns. Publicize who/what is responsible.
- Create inspirational alternatives. Show how alternative development patterns are possible and can create a healthier region for most people.
- Organize for political change. Organize winning coalitions and campaigns for more compact development, livable cities and preservation of the countryside.
Back to top
3500 Lorain Avenue, Suite 301, Cleveland OH 44113
Back to Corn Fields contents